At SCC we offer a lively and engaging environment for Children where they can learn and experience the love of Jesus.
We have three different age groups that kids are engaged in:
- Nursery (Birth-2 years old)
- Preschool (2-5 years old)
- Kindergaten-5th Grade
Our nursery is staffed by a SCC adult who has committed to love and care for our little ones. We have a cozy space with lots of toys where the children connect with each other and have fun!
The Preschool Room is staffed by Ms. Traci who loves to draw! She reads a bible story each week while the children enjoy a snack. A coloring sheet is provided that corresponds to the weekly story. There are toys, puzzles, art supplies, and a sensory table to enjoy!
Children in grades Kindergarten-5th grade begin the service upstairs with their families. After worship music, they are dismissed to GATHER downstairs. A teacher, along with a teen helper, lead the children through 3 stations to explore the curriculum.
- DISCOVER Station - All the children gather to greet one another and recap the previous lesson, then listen to the new story
- CONNECT Station - The children use a worksheet or game to further discuss the current story and connect the content to their own experiences.
- BELONG Station - The children work together on a group project or individually on a craft while visiting with friends to relate to the weekly story and strengthen relationships
The K-5 students enjoy 4 organized events over the year: A missions centered Valentine's project, an Easter celebration, an end of summer gathering, and a Happy Birthday, Jesus! party.